drank Cocomint Green by Adagio Teas

Number 24 from Another Travelling tea box.

This was a bit of a surprise. I had assumed that the “coco” in a green tea mix would mean coconut, and was totally unprepared for the chocolate aromas coming from the dry tea. I was prepared to be unimpressed but found that I actually liked the tea.

The aroma from the cup was dominated by chocolate, but the tea and mint come through as well. The taste starts as a grassy/straw green tea, with the chocolate mint flavor building until it is all alone in the finish. I didn’t like this well enough to want to buy more, but it was interesting, and fun to try.

Retired engineer/physicist.
My ratings will usually be based on multiple tastings. Green and oolong teas are generally 3 grams of tea in 6 oz water for 1 minute. Black teas are 1.5 grams of tea in 6 oz water for 3-4 minutes.

My numerical ratings are all based on how much enjoyment I took from the tea. Since I prefer blacks and oolongs, they will receive higher scores. I also give a couple of extra points to decafs, just because I can drink them in the evening without staying up half the night. I don’t dislike flavored teas, but find that they lack the complexity of finer teas.

90-100 = superior, worth a high price
80-89 = Excellent. Will buy again
70-79 = Good tea, but probably won’t buy
60-69 = Nothing really wrong, but…
Below 60 = Wouldn’t drink again