I got this as a sample with my 1st David’s Tea order. I opened it and smelled both the strawberries and rhubarb right away. It kind of looks like a dried fruit trail mix with large chunks of fruit in it. Tempted to eat it while waiting for the water to boil. Patience! After draining the tea bits I noticed some white chunks that didn’t dissolve. I’m guessing they are yogurt bits as they were sweet and creamy. Too bad, I bet they would have been good in the tea. First sip; blech… hibiscus! Not a fan of hibiscus. I’m also hit by a citrusy tang that I find unpleasant, but the lingering creamy strawberry taste is nice. Trying some sugar… It’s a bit better now. The sugar cuts down the tangy taste that I’m not fond of. I could see liking it if instead of the hibiscus it was a black tea base, but this just tastes like juice to me. Not for me and I’m glad it was only a small sample and that there are so many other teas out there for me to try!

Oh, and those yogurt bits took a little extra work to get out of my infuser.

My name is Dustin and I like tea.

I’m an added flavor kind of tea fan. I want my tea to remind me of cookies and cakes with coconut and almond slices with a hint of chocolate drizzled on top. I want dancing ponies and flying monkeys shooting off fireworks! I like a little sugar in my tea. I love caffeinated tea, but since I limit myself to one cup a day, I have been exploring more rooibos and honeybush teas.

Austin, TX