drank Amaretto by DAVIDsTEA

This tea smells SUPER over the top amaretto-y. It still holds a ton of that scent when brewed and the taste is pretty strong too. I’m not a fan of it plain, but it’s pretty yummy with a bit of sugar. I tried one cup with sugar and cream which was quite delicious as well. No other words to describe it except yup, amaretto! Unfortunately, this tea gives you all it’s got on the first steeping. The second steeping is just a shadow of it’s former self, which knocks it down a couple points in my book these days. The second steeping has a faint paper taste to it too. Oh, and word to the wise… those almonds mixed in with the tea are not for consumption. Imagine putting 1/4tsp of almond extract in your mouth and that is pretty much what they taste like. Very bitter!.

Aside from the unpleasant almond chewing experience and the fact that it is good for only one cup, I did enjoy it and will be buying it again.

My name is Dustin and I like tea.

I’m an added flavor kind of tea fan. I want my tea to remind me of cookies and cakes with coconut and almond slices with a hint of chocolate drizzled on top. I want dancing ponies and flying monkeys shooting off fireworks! I like a little sugar in my tea. I love caffeinated tea, but since I limit myself to one cup a day, I have been exploring more rooibos and honeybush teas.

Austin, TX