I got this as a sample with my Butiki order, thanks Butiki!
I can taste a nice base to this tea, but I’m not picking up on the almond. It tastes like the Butiki Plum Pudding to me. I’m guessing the same black tea is used for both, which is tasty, but the flavors other than that are lost on me right now.

I’ll have to revisit this and several other teas again after I have sinus surgery which will hopefully restore my sense of taste.

Butiki Teas

The Plum Pudding is actually an oolong. It does get mistaken for a black tea quite a bit though. Both are from Nilgiri, so there are definitely some similar qualities.

Oh no, that doesn’t sound like fun. I hope your surgery goes well.

Dustin

Oh, interesting! My sense of taste and ability to identify things has been way off lately. I know I have been missing out on a lot.

Thanks, I hope so too! I’d love to have normal sinuses again.

Butiki Teas

It makes sense that those two teas would be similar since they are both sweeter Nilgiri teas.

I hope you heal fast. :)

Comments

Butiki Teas

Oh no, that doesn’t sound like fun. I hope your surgery goes well.

Dustin

Thanks, I hope so too! I’d love to have normal sinuses again.

I hope you heal fast. :)

My name is Dustin and I like tea.

I’m an added flavor kind of tea fan. I want my tea to remind me of cookies and cakes with coconut and almond slices with a hint of chocolate drizzled on top. I want dancing ponies and flying monkeys shooting off fireworks! I like a little sugar in my tea. I love caffeinated tea, but since I limit myself to one cup a day, I have been exploring more rooibos and honeybush teas.

Austin, TX