Three minutes in boiling water make this black tea bitter. I wish these teas came with brewing instructions on the box or tin so I wouldn’t have to guess. It smells really nice, a chocolate scented tea. The bitter taste is less as it cools, but it is still not smooth. I’ll have to try a lower temperature next time. For some reason instead of dumping my cup and trying again I’m making myself drink it. Penance for ruining a cup of expensive tea? Life is too short for bad cups of tea.

whatshesaid

Hiya,

I tried this for about a minute and a half because I heard it’s pretty strong and easy to oversteep…. Seems to be pretty good at that time :)

Dustin

Cool! I’ll have to give that a go. Did you use boiling water or a lower temp?

Comments

whatshesaid

Hiya,

Dustin

Cool! I’ll have to give that a go. Did you use boiling water or a lower temp?

My name is Dustin and I like tea.

I’m an added flavor kind of tea fan. I want my tea to remind me of cookies and cakes with coconut and almond slices with a hint of chocolate drizzled on top. I want dancing ponies and flying monkeys shooting off fireworks! I like a little sugar in my tea. I love caffeinated tea, but since I limit myself to one cup a day, I have been exploring more rooibos and honeybush teas.

Austin, TX