I am always on the hunt for the perfect almond tea, almond cookie, almond cake… you name it. I like almond. So when I was placing an order with Simpson & Vail, I had to try the two most promising almond teas that they had. Dry, this tea smells super cookie like and less almond like. Once brewed I get a really tasty smooth black tea base, but the almond is kind of in the background leaving me wanting more flavor. I steeped it for only three minutes, not wanting to over do it and turn it bitter, but I may have underdone it for this tea. I’ll have to play around with it a few more times before I give up on it. As it stands it is decent, but far from impressive and wowing.

Anna

I haven’t had a chance to scroll through your cupboard yet, but Pleine Lune by Mariage Frères, Le Thé d’Amandine by Comptoir des thés et des épices and Tribute by Theodor (which I have yet to try, but who everyone who is an almond fan seems to love) are three really good teas.

Dustin

Oooooooh, thanks for the recommendations! I have not heard of or tried them before, but they will be on my list of things to try!

Comments

Anna

Dustin

My name is Dustin and I like tea.

I’m an added flavor kind of tea fan. I want my tea to remind me of cookies and cakes with coconut and almond slices with a hint of chocolate drizzled on top. I want dancing ponies and flying monkeys shooting off fireworks! I like a little sugar in my tea. I love caffeinated tea, but since I limit myself to one cup a day, I have been exploring more rooibos and honeybush teas. Rooibos now = meh and I have upped my caffeine tolerance. BRING ME CAFFEINE!!!!

Austin, TX