I am just starting to explore breakfast tea and have little concept of what they encompass or have as defining characteristics. I’m smelling a little smoke and something else that I can’t name once this tea is steeped. The taste is hard to describe as well. It tastes hearty. It is smooth at first in the way I have come to expect MF teas to be and then the smokey aftertaste kicks in with a little bit of bitter in it. Adding sweetener brightens the flavors a little, but doesn’t really enhance it much. The aftertaste is now a little more leathery. Adding milk mutes a lot of the flavor in the sip, but makes the aftertaste stand out a little more. I’m not quite sure what to think of this tea. It is puzzling and I’m not sure I can appreciate it for what it is.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

My name is Dustin and I like tea.

I’m an added flavor kind of tea fan. I want my tea to remind me of cookies and cakes with coconut and almond slices with a hint of chocolate drizzled on top. I want dancing ponies and flying monkeys shooting off fireworks! I like a little sugar in my tea. I love caffeinated tea, but since I limit myself to one cup a day, I have been exploring more rooibos and honeybush teas.

Austin, TX