drank Tochiotome Green by Lupicia

I still don’t have the hang of this tea, but I feel like I’m getting closer with this cup. I bought a new kettle, so I have the right temperature water and I did a short 1 minute steep. This is still a little strange on the sides of my tongue. Tart, edging on bitter. I’m getting strawberry more on the aftertaste than the sip. it leaves my mouth feeling dry, like a rooibos would. I’m adding more sugar and water… and it is tasting much better. That bitter tinge is gone and it is tasting more like strawberry gummi candy now.

Lessons learned: Short steep time, Ignore directions for boiling water that come with the tea, underleaf and over sweeten.

MzPriss

I went to the mall and got the kettle from Teavana. Thanks for the recommendation.

Dustin

Sure! Hope you like it! I got one the other day and like it pretty well so far. The only strange thing is that the max water level line is just over half way up the kettle.

Comments

MzPriss

Dustin

My name is Dustin and I like tea.

I’m an added flavor kind of tea fan. I want my tea to remind me of cookies and cakes with coconut and almond slices with a hint of chocolate drizzled on top. I want dancing ponies and flying monkeys shooting off fireworks! I like a little sugar in my tea. I love caffeinated tea, but since I limit myself to one cup a day, I have been exploring more rooibos and honeybush teas.

Austin, TX