Being only recently introduced to Kusmi teas and a lover nearly all things almond, I was delighted to get a sample of this from VariaTEA.

First thing I smell is cinnamon. The description says it is just like eating a Christmas cake, but I have never tried or even heard of one! Maybe it is more of a European thing? First sip, whoa! Too much leaf with too little water! Good thing there is an easy solution for that. Diluted and sweetened… I would enjoy a cake that tasted like this! The tea base is strong and dominates the cup. As it cools I get more orange on the sip, but the almond blends in so well that I can’t pick it out on it’s own. I think I can taste it a tiny bit in different parts of each sip, but then other flavors come in before I can figure it out for sure. The tea is nice and quite smooth. The verdict is still out on if this is a must have for my cupboard or not.

My name is Dustin and I like tea.

I’m an added flavor kind of tea fan. I want my tea to remind me of cookies and cakes with coconut and almond slices with a hint of chocolate drizzled on top. I want dancing ponies and flying monkeys shooting off fireworks! I like a little sugar in my tea. I love caffeinated tea, but since I limit myself to one cup a day, I have been exploring more rooibos and honeybush teas. Rooibos now = meh and I have upped my caffeine tolerance. BRING ME CAFFEINE!!!!

Austin, TX