drank Red Velvet Cake Mate by 52teas

Red velvet cake freaks me out a little. It is the food coloring. There is just so much Red 40 or whatever it is. It has inspired me to someday make a cake for a party that has so much powdered beet in it that what goes in red comes out red on the other side. It would have to be a dark chocolate cake, so no one suspected anything from a bright magenta cake. /irrelevant tangent

The tea! I can taste the mate base. I haven’t had enough mate to really know how to describe the taste. I can taste a hint of chocolate and something else that I can’t quite identify. Is it a cakiness? Cream? Either way, this is a nice mate with a touch of smokiness.

My name is Dustin and I like tea.

I’m an added flavor kind of tea fan. I want my tea to remind me of cookies and cakes with coconut and almond slices with a hint of chocolate drizzled on top. I want dancing ponies and flying monkeys shooting off fireworks! I like a little sugar in my tea. I love caffeinated tea, but since I limit myself to one cup a day, I have been exploring more rooibos and honeybush teas. Rooibos now = meh and I have upped my caffeine tolerance. BRING ME CAFFEINE!!!!

Austin, TX