drank Yunnan Jig by Adagio Teas

Method: Gongfucha with 4 grams of tea to 100 ml of water with a quick rinse.

Upon opening the bag there is the scent of warm honey lifting off of the leaves. The leaves are very nicely shaped, indicating good quality leaves.

1st Steep (10 seconds): The Color is a light orange-red and the liquor Smells brisk with a dash of honey. The Taste is light, similar to weak brewed Ceylonese black teas, but with an undertone of honey. The Aftertaste has a stronger honey quality to it, and keeps it for a long time.

Second Steep (15 seconds): The Color has turned into a much darker shade of amber and the Scent has picked up a peppery quality. The Taste is a strange, but pleasant, mixture of honey and pepper. The Aftertaste is lingering, still with the enticing peppery taste to it.

Third Steep (20 seconds): The Color has become even darker, to a deep red. The pepper Smell has mostly overtaken the honey, but it remains a warm and enticing cup. The Taste, instead of becoming more peppery as expected, become brighter, but still with that nice mixture of pepper and honey. The Aftertaste is bright and simply lingers in the back of your mouth, very nice.

Fourth Steep (25 seconds): The Color of the liquor is still a deep shade of red, and the Smell has lost a bit of its brightness for more pepper. The Taste has become bright, with peppery overtones and light honey undertones. The Aftertaste is now completely the taste of sweet black pepper.

Fifth Steep (30 seconds): The Color has paled slightly and has become a blit more orange. The Scent has let up on the pepper for more honey, a little smokiness can be smelt there too. The taste is dropping the pepper for a kind of “smoked honey”, it’s still very nice. The Aftertaste is that of a bright honey, with a bit of pepper in the finish.

Summary: This tea is wonderful, it is inexpensive enough for an every day tea, but has the high quality so that it can be savored (I WILL be steeping this batch more than 5 times, it still has more to offer :) ). looking into my gaiwan, you can see that the leaves are whole, and made of buds and small leaves.

I managed to get 7 excellent infusions with an additional 3 nice infusions out of this tea

205 °F / 96 °C

I am going into my second year of college, majoring in Horticulture at The University of Georgia.

I have been described by friends and family as a tea-freak. I do love my tea. :)
I brew all of my teas in Gongfucha with 4 grams to 100 ml of water. I always have the first two steeps at 20 seconds, and add 5 seconds for every subsequent steep.

I hope to graduate from UGA with a Master’s Degree in Horticulture and take up a position at the Georgia State Botanical Gardens, drinking my tea all along the way.

Athens, Georgia, Untied States