drank Peach Melba by Lupicia

Picked this up during my most recent visit to Lupicia. I should have tasted this tea before purchasing it. I love peach teas so I bought this on a whim thinking it would be lovely. Instead it smells and tastes like this awful cough syrup the doctor use to prescribe for me when I was little and sick. This is just gross, I don’t think I could pass this tea to another person because I don’t want to torture another human being. And I think I’m spoiled by MF’s rooibos, they’re full bodied and this one is like dirty cough syrup water sludge stuff.

Anna

I’ve never tried their rooibos, not as a warm beverage – it’s just something I’ve assumed they wouldn’t do well, I guess. I do have a sample of Piccolo that I’m going to try.

This, however, is very good as a cold brew: http://steepster.com/teas/lupicia/5489-jardin-sauvage

Ana

Piccolo isn’t so bad, but I really didn’t know what a good rooibos tea was until I tried MF’s. Before I thought Lupicia’s rooibos teas weren’t so bad.

Anna

Wow, no, I completely agree. I’d had some very HQ flavoured rooibos at some good tea houses in the past, but before I tried MF’s rooibos, I thought they just weren’t possible to find.

Comments

Anna

Ana

Anna

I became a tea addict after I decided to make some changes to my diet and cut out soda completely.

Teas I like
I love Japanese green teas but I can be a little snobby about them. When I was in Japan I stayed in an area known for sencha, so I can be pretty picky.

Companies I enjoy
I’ve had most experience with Lupicia because they’re very close to me. I enjoy their non flavored green teas and white teas the most. Their flavored teas are good, but it’s usually a hit or miss.
DavidsTea is a bit far but when I make trips to San Francisco I usually buy a bit. I like their herbal teas the most. Their other teas never wow me and have too much flavoring for me.
I like Adagio for their fan blends – I wish more companies did this! The tea isn’t the best quality but I do enjoy my initial steeps.
I found a store near me that sells Mariage Frères. They’re expensive but I don’t think I have had a more delicious cup of tea before.

Tibits about me
I returned to school several years ago and I am finally graduating in March 2014 so I’m really excited to finally be receiving my bachelor’s. I spend my evenings when I’m not studying watching cheesy scifi movies, playing video games, watching video game streams, or stalking the internet for tea. I have an adorable old man kitty who always wants whatever I’m drinking. When I can, I like to sew and knit while I marathon BBC shows or asian dramas.

San Francisco Bay Area