drank Pink Flamingo by DAVIDsTEA

The other day, as I made myself some Passion tea (by Tazo – the teas of Starbucks), I started wondering why DAVIDsTEA hadn’t yet created a similar but better tea, seeing how popular it is. Well, David might have heard my thoughts, because Pink Flamingo is exactly that! It is slightly less acid (but just slightly) and the actual citrus taste is probably a bit bolder. Both list hibiscus as a main ingredient, and both are pink when infused, so I guess that makes sense. Anyway, I’m sure the mentioning of Starbucks and bagged teas will scare away some people, but I’m a big fan of the Passion tea, so to me this is all very positive ;)

Though I steeped it for very long (I always do), I didn’t taste it getting any bitter like some other reviewers did. I actually loved the fact it tasted very strong and lemony… I think this is by far the most lemony tea by DAVIDsTEA I have ever tried, and I did try the Lemon Oolong, the Lemon Cream Pie, the Electric Lemon, and the one from the 2009 winter collection that smelled like lemon sorbet (forget the name…).

Oh, and seeing how good Passion is as an iced tea, I’m sure this will be an instant winner in the summertime, a perfect alternative to the classic pink lemonade… maybe mixed with a bit of black tea, for the kick!

Boiling 8 min or more