drank Cranberry Pear by DAVIDsTEA

This tea has a lot of potential, and I expect to up the rating at some point. I actually feel like I was just unlucky with it: I went and bought 50g of it, and when I made a big teapot of it this morning, I couldn’t help but notice that everything my spoon seemed to be able to find in the bag was dried fruits. I mean, that’s not a bad thing, but where’s the black tea?! What I have in my bag looks nothing like the picture, I actually counted 2 small tea leaves in 5 teaspoons total. I assume that this being a new tea, their big tin was full at the store and the tea had all slipped to the bottom, leaving me with lots of fruits and no black tea.

Anyway, even without much black tea, cranberry and pear sounds like a pretty good combination, and it is. Without any surprise, it tasted very fruity, with hints of tartness and a natural sweetness. Definitely yummy, but somewhat empty; the body seemed only half-filled with this great fruitiness, and half-filled with… well the taste of water. I assume that the black is what is supposed to complete the first half, and I’m sure the combination would actually be great. I’ll add some myself to go through the rest of this bag of dried fruits and see how it ends up. I might re-rate after I feel like I had a proper experience of what this tea is supposed to be.

DaisyChubb

maybe try blending with a plain China black if you have it, mine was the exact same, but I think youre right about getting your 50g from the top of the back ha ha, all our tea must have been at the bottom!

Bag not back, silly phone x_x

Eisenherz

Yes, I thought exactly the same, this would blend well with a China black. Sadly I don’t have any at the moment, but I have lots of Indian ones, so I’ll try them out. I think the Nepal Black of DT would be wonderful in there! But I would sort of feel bad mixing it with anything, because it is SO good on its own, it would feel like I’m wasting it! :P

DaisyChubb

Hey, if you love it, drink it! It’s only 50 g and full of fruit, to weight it down lol, maybe next time you’ll get a better tea: fruit ratio if you get more :3

Eisenherz

lol, you’re right, there’s no real problem here! If I’m to buy more, though, I’ll ask to see what it looks like in their big tin before I commit to buy another 50g! :P

Good call!

sarai

I would suggest shaking your bag/tin a bit – I found that the majority of the fruit sat at the top while most of the tea fell to the bottom.

Comments

DaisyChubb

Bag not back, silly phone x_x