drank Vanilla Oolong by DAVIDsTEA

Thanks to the advent calendar for making me try this one! It’s DT’s only oolong I hadn’t yet tried, the reason being I’m a huge fan of straight oolongs, and for some reason, I always felt like vanilla was going to overwhelm it in here and leave me disappointed. Plus, a vanilla-only flavoured tea? I love vanilla, but I prefer it as a compliment to other flavours.

Well, these 2 problems got resolved in one simple way! What the vanilla compliments here is the oolong! I totally get the taste of oolong, and it doesn’t appear to me like they used a cheap oolong for the blend, it’s quite delicious! I don’t get any of the orange mentioned in the description, but that’s ok, just vanilla and oolong is a tasty combination.
The vanilla makes me think of cake, and the oolong makes me think of… well, a nice straight oolong. We all know cake with a nice cup of straight oolong is heaven, so I’m happy to have all of it in one cup!