I was feeling overwhelmed by all the patient notes I have to write before I can get home, so I needed a distraction. I found a sample bag of this in the Republic of Tea sample box in my desk drawer so I decided to give it a try. I am pleasantly surprised by this little wonder. The rooibos blends nicely with the chocolate flavors. It’s not too “beety” either. Not sure I would buy a box of this as I am not a big “Red Velvet” person, but I’m glad to be enjoying it. If only it could write these notes for me….

I am a mother, wife and physician who recently discovered my long lost love of tea. I swore off all coffee at the beginning of this year and have been a much happier person ever since. I have a lot to learn about tea, but I am very enthusiastic!

So far, I like black teas, flavored teas and herbals best. I’m currently working on developing my palate for oolongs so that I can better appreciate their subtle complexities. I’d like to start getting to know matchas next.

Ann Arbor, MI