drank Golden Yunnan by Zingerman's

First off, let me admit that this is my first Golden Yunnan. It comes from a collaboration between Rishi teas and Zingerman’s (a local foodie gourmet shop). I thorougly enjoyed it. It brews up dark brown when brewed according to package instructions. It has a bold flavor that is smokey…good smokey. Kinda like the brown bits of a toasted marshmallow (without any marshmallow flavor). Oh, how I lack the words to express my tasting experience. It is yummy smokey and so good!

I am a mother, wife and physician who recently discovered my long lost love of tea. I swore off all coffee at the beginning of this year and have been a much happier person ever since. I have a lot to learn about tea, but I am very enthusiastic!

So far, I like black teas, flavored teas and herbals best. I’m currently working on developing my palate for oolongs so that I can better appreciate their subtle complexities. I’d like to start getting to know matchas next.

Ann Arbor, MI