drank Russian Samovar by ESP Emporium

I was excited to try this tea as I love a subtle smokey flavor. Russian blends often work well but a full on lapsang souchong can be too much. This tea has a much more delicate flavor then I was expecting. It tastes more like a basic black tea then anything with a smokey flavor. Maybe I can slightly pick up the smoke…nothing to exciting. It’s okay tea, made with good steep time / temp but that’s about all that is going on with this cup

Bonnie

If you have a too smoky tea, add a little to this. I have a very smoky lapsang souchong that I add to other tea’s, It’s something that I cook with and make my own Russian tea with by adding just the right amount to black tea that is a bit floral.

Comments

Bonnie

I like all kinds of tea and am open to new things. I am learning about all kinds of new tea and am working on pushing my palate with new tastes.

Looking for new tea shops/houses/cafes and finding new teas to sample is often part of the adventure!

Bringing varied teas to work makes the day interesting

I live in Framingham, MA with my husband, a cranky orange cat and an oversized chihuahua.

I am open to tea swaps from around the world and tea meetups if anyone is in the Greater Boston/ New England area.

As of 7/6/14 I am working to make every tea I own appear in my cupboard…including things I only have a small amount. Look around! Want to swap?

Framingham, MA