drank Schisandra Chinensis by Infussion

This tea is from the here is hoping traveling teabox.

This tea may have health benefits. But it is gross.

The infusion is a light yellow color.

There is no tea in this infusion nor is there anything resembling leaves. It is just dry peppercorn looking berries.

The dry berries smell like cedar chips and vinegar. I am not joking. This is repugnant and fierce. I can appreciate that infussion.eu is trying to spread chinese herbal medicine and know that there are interesting supposed benefits. However, you REALLLLLLY need to want the benefits in order to choke this down.

The prominent note is SOUR. It gets under your tongue with a ZING! (And not a good zing.) It is very vinegar and dill tasting. Perhaps you could use this to make pickles!

I am glad I got to taste this but will stay away from this herb in the future. If you are going to try this herb please be aware that it gets more pungent as the cup cools.

I finished the sample from the traveling tea box – but I do hope that others can try this and let me know if I am crazy in my taste!

Note: I was googling the various health claims on this tea and found that this tea is not suggested for people who are pregnant. I am not a dr, however, I am just relaying what I read on the interwebs.

Marcel Duchamp

This sounds weird and intense. haha.

Emily M

Wow…that sounds… interesting?

Ellyn

Marcel Duchamp: It is seriously intense. wow.

tea-sipper

Ah, I didn’t know it wasn’t suggested for anyone pregnant. Could you write that on the package of this one? In case anyone else in the teabox doesn’t know? thanks

Comments

Marcel Duchamp

This sounds weird and intense. haha.

Emily M

Wow…that sounds… interesting?

Ellyn

Marcel Duchamp: It is seriously intense. wow.

tea-sipper

I like all kinds of tea and am open to new things. I am learning about all kinds of new tea and am working on pushing my palate with new tastes.

I am a new Mom to a daughter born 6/14/15. When I was pregnant I lost all desire for tea. Now, my desire for tea, and the ritual it represents, has come back twofold.

I live in Framingham, MA with my daughter, husband, a cranky orange cat and an oversized chihuahua.

I am open to tea swaps from around the world and tea meetups if anyone is in the Greater Boston/ New England area.

Framingham, MA