drank Double Chocolate Decadence by 52teas

On the 8th Day of Christmas…

I steeped this tea for 3 minutes and it is about as bitter as if I’d steeped it for 10. It has a lot of good reviews, so maybe I did something wrong, but I followed the time/water temp of many of the people who really enjoyed it. Strange.

After putting milk and sugar in, it is enjoyable. There is no way I could ever consider drinking it any other way. Sad :(

On a happier note, today is the first day of my VACATION!!!

Shmiracles

yay vacation!!!! Treat Yo Self!
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsABTmT1_M0)
tomorrow is the first day of my vacation. i work for a university and i get paid for the whole next week but get to lay around and watch MI-5 in my jammies drinking tea instead of coming to the office.

i have had a hard time adapting to the 52teas steepings.
basically i now steep all of their teas for 2 min or less, and never boiling water. i always let the water sit for longer than i normally would before i pour.
it seems to be fixing my issues.
i never add milk or sweetener to my tea if i can help it.

Em

Ha! Now I wish I watched Parks and Recreation. Sounds like you’re going to have a great week :)

Thank you for the advice on the tea. I’ll try that with the rest of the 12 days :)

Comments

Shmiracles

yay vacation!!!! Treat Yo Self!
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsABTmT1_M0)

i have had a hard time adapting to the 52teas steepings.
it seems to be fixing my issues.
i never add milk or sweetener to my tea if i can help it.

Em

A cup of tea, a blanket, and a book – my 3 favorite things.

Generally my favorite teas tend to be oolong, black, or green.

My tea ratings reflect my feelings about the tea. That’s just how I roll.

My profile picture is of my mom and I. She is my best friend and the person who introduced me to tea and tea cup collecting.

Middle of a Cornfield, OH