drank Cherry Potion by DAVIDsTEA

Another white tea problem solved by using a lower steep temp + short steep!

I’m down to my last cup of this, not sure if I will get more once it is gone. It’s pretty expensive considering all the heavy fruit bits that take up space, plus I much rather Strawberry White’s subtle flavour. It is a nice “company tea” though, that always seems to elicit swoons whenever I serve it.

All-in-all though, this is a nice, fruity tea. If steeped according to DAVIDsTEA’s instructions I find that the cherry overwhelms the delicate white tea base, but once I steeped it using the 30sec @ 80°C method it mellowed out considerably! From my last 2tsp I was able to get 3 steeps all increasing in flavour! Hmmm… odd, but effective.

AliPants

Just so you know – They’ve discontinued Strawberry white. Stock up if you can!!!! If not, they’re coming out with a comparable white. It won’t be the same though.

Faith

Whaaaaaaaaaat! My heart is breaking! Thanks for the heads-up Alipants.

AliPants

I know man, I was upset when I found out too!!! Still not 100% sure if it’s true.. It’s definitely off the shelves though :-(

Faith

According to another source it’s not being discontinued, just “reblended”…

AliPants

Hmmmm. Well I hope that’s what it really is, and that I was misinformed! But “reblending” is what they also said they were doing to the old ayurvedic line. Time will only tell. :-(

True, true.

Comments

AliPants

Faith

Whaaaaaaaaaat! My heart is breaking! Thanks for the heads-up Alipants.

Faith

According to another source it’s not being discontinued, just “reblended”…

True, true.

Hi there! I am a big fan of tea in it’s many forms: white, green, black, red, herbal, etc. Since the removal of my gallbladder I am finding I sway more towards straight teas, such as black or oolong, and dessert-like teas.

I hope you find my reviews helpful…

SWAP LIST: