drank The Earl of Lemon by DAVIDsTEA

If you’ve read any of my other tea reviews, you know that I am a bit of an Earl Grey aficionado. So, I tend to steer clear of Earl Grey variations… until now.

The premise intrigued me, since it’s not uncommon for people to sometimes add a squeeze of lemon to their Earl Grey. The lemon here reminds me strongly of Lime Gelato… except substitute lemon for lime and add a dash of bergamot, not that the bergamot is particularly strong. It’s an interesting variation on a well-known tea, but it should be called Lemon Gelato instead, with the yogurt adding a creamy gelato-ness to the lemon + bergamot.

I took steep.it‘s advice and steeped it at 85°C for only a minute, and it turned out lemony with a hint of cream. No bitterness. Managed to get two steeps out of the leaves as well. Quite a nice flavoured white/green tea, not sure if I’ll restock once my 10g are gone… might have to let it grow on me a bit.

Lynn68

I bought 50g of The Earl of Lemon and I quite enjoy it. Glad I decided to try it as I’m not a huge fan of white tea.

Faith

Now that I’ve had it a couple more times, it’s definitely grown on me. Might have to stock up after all!

Comments

Lynn68

Faith

Hi there! I am a big fan of tea in it’s many forms: white, green, black, red, herbal, etc. Since the removal of my gallbladder I am finding I sway more towards straight teas, such as black or oolong, and dessert-like teas.

I hope you find my reviews helpful…

SWAP LIST: