drank Mamma Mia by DAVIDsTEA

Today is my second Mother’s Day and definitely better than the last: breakfast in bed, lunch at Earl’s with my Mom + brothers (although being gluten-intolerant means I can’t eat anything other than salad, but hey, it’s the quality time that counts right?), and free tea from DAVIDsTEA!

I went with iced Mamma Mia, since a) I’ve never tried it before and b) it was too warm out to merit getting a hot tea. I thought about adding sweetener, but I guess the stores brewed it extra strong because even over ice it was sweet and delicious. So delicious, in fact, that I mistakenly gave my 16-month-old a sip and she proceeded to slurp as much as possible before I took it away… thus I poured half of my Mother’s Day treat into her sippy cup.

Flavour wise it reminds me strongly of Kanpe, but with a few more flavours going on, probably due to the abundance of ingredients. Makes a deliciously juicy iced tea, sweet enough that it’s almost like juice! Still, I slightly prefer Kanpe, but that also might be the fact that whenever I drink Kanpe I feel good about all the proceeds going to Haiti…

Iced 8 min or more

Hi there! I am a big fan of tea in it’s many forms: white, green, black, red, herbal, etc. Since the removal of my gallbladder I am finding I sway more towards straight teas, such as black or oolong, and dessert-like teas.

I hope you find my reviews helpful…

SWAP LIST: