(First off, what is up with Steepster?? Every time I type in the web page initially I get the annoying “Oops. Someone left the kettle on…” page! What is going on? Is it just me or are other people experiencing this too? Okay, rant over.)

Alright, on to this tea.

The moment I open the bag I am hit with memories… memories of tea with my proper Scottish-descent Grandma in her china laden dining room, and of my dad taking me out for tea after my ballet class at the age of five (always loading my tea with far too much sugar + cream) to the local tea house. Strange how smells can elicit such strong emotional responses. To me, this is the tea people drink during “afternoon tea” or in tea houses. This is the kind of tea that an English (or Scottish) person would drink when feeling homesick for the homeland of their ancestors, as my Grandma and her son, my Dad, do.

It’s strong, malty, slightly smoky, and holds up to milk + sugar. The tea of memories…

Hi there! I am a big fan of tea in it’s many forms: white, green, black, red, herbal, etc. Since the removal of my gallbladder I am finding I sway more towards straight teas, such as black or oolong, and dessert-like teas.

I hope you find my reviews helpful…

SWAP LIST: