drank S'mores Genmaicha by 52teas

After enjoying Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha, I had pretty high hopes for this tea. This was definitely a disappointment. The smell of the tea in the pouch is a bit off-putting. I don’t know what it is. Maybe the lapsang or the chocolate flavoring? Once outside of the pouch, it smells more like a toasty genmaicha but it still has a strange, syrupy aroma.

I expected the taste would be like a chocolatey version of Marshmallow Treat. It tastes pretty weird. There were some pleasant notes from the genmaicha base, but they were hidden beneath a strange flavor that did not remind me of marshmallow nor of chocolate. This is definitely not a tea for me.

Thanks for sharing, CrowKettle!

I’m a Floridian living in Kansas and currently pursuing a physics Ph.D. by day (…and by night, who am I kidding?) with an immense love for all things tea.

Rating Scheme:

<50 = Undrinkable.
50-59 = Drinkable, but not my cuppa.
60-69 = Decent, but nothing to write home about.
70-79 = Good tea that I drink occasionally. Probably will not restock when it runs out.
80-89 = Very tasty. May or may not restock when it runs out.
90-100 = Delicious. A staple in my collection.

Manhattan, KS