Slept in today to make up for the lack of sleep I’ve had all week. It was the week after spring break and it seemed like all the “catch up” I did during the break was in vain. I’m so glad I made it through though, barely!

Enjoying a cup of mango tango with my brunch-time breakfast. It doesn’t taste so strong of mango or passionfruit as it smells, but the flavoring does have a lovely effect on the tea. It is sweet (as if I added plain sugar to it) and not too bitter. The flavor definitely mellows out the black tea’s usual bite.

EDIT:
I’m not liking this tea so much as I did at first. It still smells wonderful and the taste is largely as I described it before, but the last two times I had it, i noticed an unpleasant aftertaste.

Bonnie

Hi, I live in Fort Collins, Colorado…so if you’re coming this way,stop for tea at Happy Luckys Tea House and let me know first and I’ll buy you a pot. BTW there’s a tea festival in Boulder in July.

Shelley_Lorraine

We used to go to Fort Collins a lot when we first moved here to Laramie, but not as often any more. I briefly tried to organize a CKC spaniel meetup there, so that’s what kept us going. But tea could be good motivation too! We probably won’t have any time for such fun till the end of the semester, but I’ll let you know. Thanks for the info!

Bonnie

If you don’t follow people back (or find new ones to follow) they can’t send messages to your mailbox,and you can’t see their reviews.More interesting when the tea conversations are two sided. I’m not trying to be bossy, but thought it might be an oversight.

Shelley_Lorraine

oh sorry! I’m not so used to how forums like this work.

Comments

Bonnie

Shelley_Lorraine

oh sorry! I’m not so used to how forums like this work.

Name: Shelley Lorraine Limegrover
Location: Wyoming
Occupation: Student and Evil Genius
Ward: 3 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, 1 Cocker spaniel, 1 super cranky but lovable siamese cat, one bipolar black turkish angora, and my husband’s black and white cat.

Hobbies: Learning, reading books, math, physics (have a degree in it), literature (have a degree in it too), anthropology, traveling, piano, and making TEA, of course (^o^)

Future plans: World domination >-)
Graduate school for Comparative literature (in German, Latin, and Greek) (this will be my 4th degree, but first/only graduate one :) )

Favorite teas: Kukicha, Green teas in general, aged oolongs, charcoal roasted oolong, taiwanese oolongs, Assam . . .

Don’t like: Genmaicha, Earl Grey, Darjeelings, ginger, coconut, smokey teas (even mild ones), nut flavors, overwhelmingly strong floral flavor (esp. Jasmine), most della derra and adagio teas. . .

My Rating System

100 My happiness absolutely depends on it

95 Will definitely repurchase

85: Might repurchase (teas that depend on my mood)

75 Won’t repurchase (but I would drink it again if offered).

65: meh

45: I reluctantly finished a cup.

15: Couldn’t finish a cup.

I simplified my ratings to single numbers rather than ranges because I can’t precisely compare so many teas with a system more detailed than this.

An unrated tea most often one that I recognize as having significantly notable quality, but that does not suit me personally. Sometimes, I leave teas unrated for other reasons, such as I am undecided or I brewed it wrong, etc.

Note: Boiling temp. barely reaches 200 where I am (and a few times it sticks at 195, I assume due to unexplainable shifts in altitude or the position of the moon. . .aliens?. . .).

Wyoming