Just got home from my advising appointment for next semester. Going to be taking Three German classes (taught in German) and one English class (taught in English, of course ^^). Its going to be a really busy Fall semester.

THE TEA:
Brewed up some Watermelon Xylophone. Waiting for it to cool a bit, as recommended, for better flavor (we’ll see). I haven’t yet added sugar to my teas and I don’t have any right now anyway. I did try honey once, and that did not turn out well for me. I had a mouth full of pure toasty liquid honey on my last sip of the tea.

Well, I think its cooled down enough now. First impressions: smells faintly sweet, mildly of watermelon. I like that it doesn’t smell too strong to be overbearing or artificial. The first taste I can detect is the watermelon, immediately followed by the familiar flavor of white tea (I love white tea). It’s a weird sensation like putting the tip of my tongue on a sweet watermelon, but what actually passes over my tongue is white tea. I actually like this one a lot better than the Cantaloup cream, although I was thinking I might not as I prefer my watermelons to be cold too (^.^) I put off trying this one for a while because of the cantaloupe one. It might have been the cream flavor of the latter that really put me off, I don’t know for sure. I had another tea that seemed to have a creamy texture, but not with a fruit flavor and I liked it. Still havent tried enough teas and flavor combinations to decide what part of a blend I like or don’t like.

The cooler this tea gets, the sweeter it seems to become. I bet this would be a good iced brew too. Even though I don’t like cold drinks as much, I’m a lot more motivated to try brewing this one cold than I was for the cantaloup.

This was a free sample with my Butiki order, I might just have to order some more :p

ETA: I did end up ordering some more, mostly so I could share it with my parents (neither of them liked it). It doesn’t taste better iced IMO (but I am biased to hot tea, so take that as you will).

Name: Shelley Lorraine Limegrover
Location: Wyoming
Occupation: Student and Evil Genius
Ward: 3 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, 1 Cocker spaniel, 1 super cranky but lovable siamese cat, one bipolar black turkish angora, and my husband’s black and white cat.

Hobbies: Learning, reading books, math, physics (have a degree in it), literature (have a degree in it too), anthropology, traveling, piano, and making TEA, of course (^o^)

Future plans: World domination >-)
Graduate school for Comparative literature (in German, Latin, and Greek) (this will be my 4th degree, but first/only graduate one :) )

Favorite teas: Kukicha, Green teas in general, aged oolongs, charcoal roasted oolong, taiwanese oolongs, Assam . . .

Don’t like: Genmaicha, Earl Grey, Darjeelings, ginger, coconut, smokey teas (even mild ones), nut flavors, overwhelmingly strong floral flavor (esp. Jasmine), most della derra and adagio teas. . .

My Rating System

100 My happiness absolutely depends on it

95 Will definitely repurchase

85: Might repurchase (teas that depend on my mood)

75 Won’t repurchase (but I would drink it again if offered).

65: meh

45: I reluctantly finished a cup.

15: Couldn’t finish a cup.

I simplified my ratings to single numbers rather than ranges because I can’t precisely compare so many teas with a system more detailed than this.

An unrated tea most often one that I recognize as having significantly notable quality, but that does not suit me personally. Sometimes, I leave teas unrated for other reasons, such as I am undecided or I brewed it wrong, etc.

Note: Boiling temp. barely reaches 200 where I am (and a few times it sticks at 195, I assume due to unexplainable shifts in altitude or the position of the moon. . .aliens?. . .).

Wyoming