It’s after me! really it is! coconut!!!!

This tea is orange and puerh not coconut. So what’s the big idea?? It smells chocolatey and earthy. The first taste is a cheery orange. And then. . . it happens. The mysterious coconut goblin finds me and messes with my tea (or my taste buds). It’s that same most awful coconuty aftertaste that is supposed to follow after a sip of coconut flavored tea. Hear that coconut goblin??? You’re hanging out with the wrong tea!

I really don’t know where it’s coming from, maybe it’s hiding in the artificial flavors somewhere. Ugh.

Thanks again Shmiracles for sending me one of your favorites. So sorry that it wasn’t a match for me.

Shmiracles

well. i went back and read my note. and i don’t think i would put this in my top 10 anymore anyways. i’ve grown so much!
it must be in the artificial flavors. many of the david’s tea i used to love i barely even drink these days. i should probably revisit this one and get a new perspective :) i’m sure i still like it, but i bet i’ll think about it differently.

Shelley_Lorraine

Ive got a few old favorites that have dropped of my top ten list too. Strange how that works.

JennyFur

I think its because variety brings more perspective on things. When I first started I thought Teavanas Maharaja chai was the best thing ever in life. Now, not so much lol. But thats largely because I’ve tried so much tea that I like so many other things.

Comments

Shmiracles

Shelley_Lorraine

JennyFur

Name: Shelley Lorraine Limegrover
Location: Wyoming
Occupation: Student and Evil Genius
Ward: 3 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, 1 Cocker spaniel, 1 super cranky but lovable siamese cat, one bipolar black turkish angora, and my husband’s black and white cat.

Hobbies: Learning, reading books, math, physics (have a degree in it), literature (have a degree in it too), anthropology, traveling, piano, and making TEA, of course (^o^)

Future plans: World domination >-)
Graduate school for Comparative literature (in German, Latin, and Greek) (this will be my 4th degree, but first/only graduate one :) )

Favorite teas: Kukicha, Green teas in general, aged oolongs, charcoal roasted oolong, taiwanese oolongs, Assam . . .

Don’t like: Genmaicha, Earl Grey, Darjeelings, ginger, coconut, smokey teas (even mild ones), nut flavors, overwhelmingly strong floral flavor (esp. Jasmine), most della derra and adagio teas. . .

My Rating System

100 My happiness absolutely depends on it

95 Will definitely repurchase

85: Might repurchase (teas that depend on my mood)

75 Won’t repurchase (but I would drink it again if offered).

65: meh

45: I reluctantly finished a cup.

15: Couldn’t finish a cup.

I simplified my ratings to single numbers rather than ranges because I can’t precisely compare so many teas with a system more detailed than this.

An unrated tea most often one that I recognize as having significantly notable quality, but that does not suit me personally. Sometimes, I leave teas unrated for other reasons, such as I am undecided or I brewed it wrong, etc.

Note: Boiling temp. barely reaches 200 where I am (and a few times it sticks at 195, I assume due to unexplainable shifts in altitude or the position of the moon. . .aliens?. . .).

Wyoming