Backlog:
I had this tea yesterday evening. It smells so divine in the can, but as is so common with flavor blends, much is lost after brewing. The orange comes through strong enough. I like orange in my tea, so no problem there. The chocolate is my only complaint. I’m finding it difficult to get along with chocolate (vegan or not) in any of my teas. I kept getting the feeling that this tea would be so much better with milk of some sort. Maybe the milk might enhance the chocolate and give it more of a hot cocoa vibe. I haven’t tried milk in my tea and I’m not sure that I want to, but I may try it some time.

I love the orange and the tea base; not getting much marshmallow. If the chocolate was either tastier or not there at all, I’d probably really love this tea.

ETA: my mother says that this tea smells and tastes like a Macy’s department store. . . I don’t get that, but thought I’d put it out there :)

Name: Shelley Lorraine Limegrover
Location: Colorado
Occupation: Graduate Student and Evil Genius
Ward: 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, 1 Cocker spaniel, 1 super cranky but lovable siamese cat, one bipolar black turkish angora, and my husband’s black and white cat.

Hobbies: Learning, reading books, math, physics (have a degree in it), literature (have a degree in it too), anthropology, traveling, piano, and making TEA, of course (^o^)

Future plans: World domination >-)

Favorite teas: Kukicha, Green teas in general, aged oolongs, charcoal roasted oolong, taiwanese oolongs, Assam . . .

Don’t like: Genmaicha, Earl Grey, Darjeelings, ginger, coconut, smokey teas (even mild ones), nut flavors, overwhelmingly strong floral flavor (esp. Jasmine), most della derra and adagio teas. . .

My Rating System

100 My happiness absolutely depends on it

95 Will definitely repurchase

85: Might repurchase (teas that depend on my mood)

75 Won’t repurchase (but I would drink it again if offered).

65: meh

45: I reluctantly finished a cup.

15: Couldn’t finish a cup.

I simplified my ratings to single numbers rather than ranges because I can’t precisely compare so many teas with a system more detailed than this.

An unrated tea is most often one that I recognize as having significant notable quality, but that does not suit me personally. Sometimes, I leave teas unrated for other reasons, such as I am undecided or I brewed it wrong, etc.

Note: Boiling temp. barely reaches 200 where I am (and a few times it sticks at 195, I assume due to unexplainable shifts in altitude or the position of the moon. . .aliens?. . .).

Colorado