Yay, first note for this tea! I received a sample of this new Della Terra tea with my last order.

It has that characteristic generic chocolate-flavored-tea smell that has never before led me to a good flavor. Believe it or not, this tea did not taste as repulsive as I had expected. It’s no where near a “wow” in a cup, but it’s reasonably enjoyable. I’ve dumped all other chocolate based DT blends only a few sips in, but this one I can finish and without making faces.

The tea base comes through more than I expected, which is nice. The peanut butter notes are very faint and I might not have recognized them if I didn’t know they were supposed to be there. All of the sprinkle and candied bits dissolve and fall to the bottom, so it might be a good idea to stir this tea occasionally unless you want a surprisingly sweet finish.

Not a tea I’d buy again, but I’d be willing to drink it again.

Shmiracles

this MIGHT be the kind of tea that i’d love. i keep hovering over the ‘buy’ button but damnit if i don’t still have a ton of swap teas to drink hah. i’m gonna earn this weird peanut butter tea if it kills me!

Comments

Shmiracles

Name: Shelley Lorraine Limegrover
Location: Wyoming
Occupation: Student and Evil Genius
Ward: 3 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, 1 Cocker spaniel, 1 super cranky but lovable siamese cat, one bipolar black turkish angora, and my husband’s black and white cat.

Hobbies: Learning, reading books, math, physics (have a degree in it), literature (have a degree in it too), anthropology, traveling, piano, and making TEA, of course (^o^)

Future plans: World domination >-)
Graduate school for Comparative literature (in German, Latin, and Greek) (this will be my 4th degree, but first/only graduate one :) )

Favorite teas: Kukicha, Green teas in general, aged oolongs, charcoal roasted oolong, taiwanese oolongs, Assam . . .

Don’t like: Genmaicha, Earl Grey, Darjeelings, ginger, coconut, smokey teas (even mild ones), nut flavors, overwhelmingly strong floral flavor (esp. Jasmine), most della derra and adagio teas. . .

My Rating System

100 My happiness absolutely depends on it

95 Will definitely repurchase

85: Might repurchase (teas that depend on my mood)

75 Won’t repurchase (but I would drink it again if offered).

65: meh

45: I reluctantly finished a cup.

15: Couldn’t finish a cup.

I simplified my ratings to single numbers rather than ranges because I can’t precisely compare so many teas with a system more detailed than this.

An unrated tea most often one that I recognize as having significantly notable quality, but that does not suit me personally. Sometimes, I leave teas unrated for other reasons, such as I am undecided or I brewed it wrong, etc.

Note: Boiling temp. barely reaches 200 where I am (and a few times it sticks at 195, I assume due to unexplainable shifts in altitude or the position of the moon. . .aliens?. . .).

Wyoming