I didn’t expect to like this tea. I’ve been getting set in my ways about tea preferences lately and I’ve been approaching my swap box with caution rather than enthusiasm. There are a lot of nasty flavors out there, lol (^.^) There are also a lot of teas that claim to be better iced, but I prefer hot beverages; even in the summer. I rarely crave any cold liquids besides water and even that I don’t drink below room temperature.

Onto the tea: It really tastes like pear! Like real yummy, sweet pears. It probably would lend itself best towards iced preparation and I may try it out during my rare and uncharacteristic mixin-it-up moments, but it’s definitely good hot too imo. I used two teaspoons for my 10oz cup and I don’t find it too mild as many other reviews claimed it to be. It isn’t powerful by any means, but I’d label it a step above subtle. I tend to like a lot subtle teas (go figure as my favorite coffees are extra bold :p ).

I also really like that it doesn’t have a funky aftertaste. That’s always an important rating factor in my book.

Not necessarily a tea I’d buy again as I am too in love with my pure and unflavored leaves and have limited funds for the frilly extras, but I appreciate them while I have them.

A big thanks to DianeInOz for the sample :)

Name: Shelley Lorraine Limegrover
Location: Colorado
Occupation: Graduate Student and Evil Genius
Ward: 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, 1 Cocker spaniel, 1 super cranky but lovable siamese cat, one bipolar black turkish angora, and my husband’s black and white cat.

Hobbies: Learning, reading books, math, physics (have a degree in it), literature (have a degree in it too), anthropology, traveling, piano, and making TEA, of course (^o^)

Future plans: World domination >-)

Favorite teas: Kukicha, Green teas in general, aged oolongs, charcoal roasted oolong, taiwanese oolongs, Assam . . .

Don’t like: Genmaicha, Earl Grey, Darjeelings, ginger, coconut, smokey teas (even mild ones), nut flavors, overwhelmingly strong floral flavor (esp. Jasmine), most della derra and adagio teas. . .

My Rating System

100 My happiness absolutely depends on it

95 Will definitely repurchase

85: Might repurchase (teas that depend on my mood)

75 Won’t repurchase (but I would drink it again if offered).

65: meh

45: I reluctantly finished a cup.

15: Couldn’t finish a cup.

I simplified my ratings to single numbers rather than ranges because I can’t precisely compare so many teas with a system more detailed than this.

An unrated tea is most often one that I recognize as having significant notable quality, but that does not suit me personally. Sometimes, I leave teas unrated for other reasons, such as I am undecided or I brewed it wrong, etc.

Note: Boiling temp. barely reaches 200 where I am (and a few times it sticks at 195, I assume due to unexplainable shifts in altitude or the position of the moon. . .aliens?. . .).

Colorado