drank Cream by Adagio Teas

I was almost certain that I wouldn’t like this. Probably bad approaching teas with certain expectations, but you know how it is… (gah!, yes I have definitely been watching way too many old Leave it to Beaver episodes recently)

I take my tea and my coffee black. No cream, no milk, nothing creamy at all. The only exception is if I am getting a crappy gas station coffee, I’ll mask it with a flavored creamer. Also, let me tell you a little story about cream itself. I was in London (the time I was supposed to be there for the MJ concert and we couldn’t cancel all the reservations so we went anyway) and during one of the tours, we were offered scones with cream. It was like, have a little scone with your cream…. seriously, it was a mountain of cream and I felt sick just looking at it! I don’t not like cream, I’m just very picky about where and when I’ll have it.

This tea turned out alright. I’m not in love, but it could grow on me. It has a nice texture and the cream flavor is subtle. It’s very much like caramel flavored teas I’ve had but without the caramel (yes, that made way more sense in my head at the time). But really, that’s how it is to me, so I’m sticking with it :p

Thanks for the sample DianeInOz :)

Name: Shelley Lorraine Limegrover
Location: Wyoming
Occupation: Student and Evil Genius
Ward: 3 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, 1 Cocker spaniel, 1 super cranky but lovable siamese cat, one bipolar black turkish angora, and my husband’s black and white cat.

Hobbies: Learning, reading books, math, physics (have a degree in it), literature (have a degree in it too), anthropology, traveling, piano, and making TEA, of course (^o^)

Future plans: World domination >-)
Graduate school for Comparative literature (in German, Latin, and Greek) – Update: I’m going to the University of Colorado in Fall 2014!! yay me!

Favorite teas: Kukicha, Green teas in general, aged oolongs, charcoal roasted oolong, taiwanese oolongs, Assam . . .

Don’t like: Genmaicha, Earl Grey, Darjeelings, ginger, coconut, smokey teas (even mild ones), nut flavors, overwhelmingly strong floral flavor (esp. Jasmine), most della derra and adagio teas. . .

My Rating System

100 My happiness absolutely depends on it

95 Will definitely repurchase

85: Might repurchase (teas that depend on my mood)

75 Won’t repurchase (but I would drink it again if offered).

65: meh

45: I reluctantly finished a cup.

15: Couldn’t finish a cup.

I simplified my ratings to single numbers rather than ranges because I can’t precisely compare so many teas with a system more detailed than this.

An unrated tea is most often one that I recognize as having significant notable quality, but that does not suit me personally. Sometimes, I leave teas unrated for other reasons, such as I am undecided or I brewed it wrong, etc.

Note: Boiling temp. barely reaches 200 where I am (and a few times it sticks at 195, I assume due to unexplainable shifts in altitude or the position of the moon. . .aliens?. . .).

Wyoming