After drinking a cup of tea like this one, I have to wonder why I ever venture into the world of flavored teas. This is pure poetry and nature in a cup. Warm and toasty with intoxicating florals all in perfect balance. This tea is quite different than other dark and floral oolongs. The floral is as strong as the roast. I haven’t ever experienced such perfect balance of flavor. Here’s to hoping that this wasn’t just a one-time perfect brewing. I used exactly 3.6g of tea in a 10oz mug, steeped for 3 minutes. I generally don’t try to do multiple steeping with my teas as I rarely like the ‘layers of flavor’ experience. I like all my flavor notes working together as they do so perfectly in this tea. I wouldn’t change a thing except for possibly a longer steep to satisfy curiosity.

TastyBrew

Hmmmm… I’m definitely going to have to try this. I’m LOVING Yezi’s teas.

Shelley_Lorraine

Yeah me too! I’ve already finished off my three samples and I definitely need more of this one for sure! But I need more money too. haha.

Comments

TastyBrew

Hmmmm… I’m definitely going to have to try this. I’m LOVING Yezi’s teas.

Shelley_Lorraine

Name: Shelley Lorraine Limegrover
Location: Wyoming
Occupation: Student and Evil Genius
Ward: 3 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, 1 Cocker spaniel, 1 super cranky but lovable siamese cat, one bipolar black turkish angora, and my husband’s black and white cat.

Hobbies: Learning, reading books, math, physics (have a degree in it), literature (have a degree in it too), anthropology, traveling, piano, and making TEA, of course (^o^)

Future plans: World domination >-)
Graduate school for Comparative literature (in German, Latin, and Greek) – Update: I’m going to the University of Colorado in Fall 2014!! yay me!

Favorite teas: Kukicha, Green teas in general, aged oolongs, charcoal roasted oolong, taiwanese oolongs, Assam . . .

Don’t like: Genmaicha, Earl Grey, Darjeelings, ginger, coconut, smokey teas (even mild ones), nut flavors, overwhelmingly strong floral flavor (esp. Jasmine), most della derra and adagio teas. . .

My Rating System

100 My happiness absolutely depends on it

95 Will definitely repurchase

85: Might repurchase (teas that depend on my mood)

75 Won’t repurchase (but I would drink it again if offered).

65: meh

45: I reluctantly finished a cup.

15: Couldn’t finish a cup.

I simplified my ratings to single numbers rather than ranges because I can’t precisely compare so many teas with a system more detailed than this.

An unrated tea is most often one that I recognize as having significant notable quality, but that does not suit me personally. Sometimes, I leave teas unrated for other reasons, such as I am undecided or I brewed it wrong, etc.

Note: Boiling temp. barely reaches 200 where I am (and a few times it sticks at 195, I assume due to unexplainable shifts in altitude or the position of the moon. . .aliens?. . .).

Wyoming