My Butiki order came in yesterday and this was one of my free samples (though mine is labeled golden paw, not golden lion. . .?.?). I also got a sample of a new oolong (baked anxi something. . .I forgot and I threw out the baggy already), but its not in steepster yet so I’ll review that one later.

This is a pretty good cozy cup of black tea. Not my favorite assam, but still pleasant. I seem to be out of touch with my taste descriptors today, so I can’t describe it very well. Sorry folks
¯\(ツ)

K S

Shelly_Lorraine how did you type the hands in the air face at the end of the note? That’s kinda cool.

Shelley_Lorraine

i have all my favorite japanese emoticons saved in notes file to copy and paste. Or I could take a long time putting all the japanese characters together. . . lol

And give me back my “e” in my name :p

K S

Glasses, where are my glasses? lol For the longest time when your name popped up I read it as Sweet Lorraine – a 70’s classic from Uriah Heep. So I should get a little pass this once… maybe?

Shelley_Lorraine

haha. I’ve had all sorts of interesting nicknames, but I still want that “e” back, its very important to me :p My littlest sister used to think my name was “Shelley in-the-rain” because I like rainy days, so that made sense to her. My brother, he just called me “Howie” short and sweet and a dude’s name no less. lol.

Butiki Teas

Shelley-The one you had is the latest harvest and its not on our website yet.

Shelley_Lorraine

oh, thanks Stacy! I guess that would explain the name discrepancy. :)

Butiki Teas

You’re welcome. We just go with whatever the estate is calling the tea, to make it easier. With only one exception since one estate had chosen a name that isn’t very good. :)

Comments

K S

And give me back my “e” in my name :p

Butiki Teas

Shelley-The one you had is the latest harvest and its not on our website yet.

Shelley_Lorraine

oh, thanks Stacy! I guess that would explain the name discrepancy. :)

Name: Shelley Lorraine Limegrover
Location: Colorado
Occupation: Graduate Student and Evil Genius
Ward: 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, 1 Cocker spaniel, 1 super cranky but lovable siamese cat, one bipolar black turkish angora, and my husband’s black and white cat.

Hobbies: Learning, reading books, math, physics (have a degree in it), literature (have a degree in it too), anthropology, traveling, piano, and making TEA, of course (^o^)

Future plans: World domination >-)

Favorite teas: Kukicha, Green teas in general, aged oolongs, charcoal roasted oolong, taiwanese oolongs, Assam . . .

Don’t like: Genmaicha, Earl Grey, Darjeelings, ginger, coconut, smokey teas (even mild ones), nut flavors, overwhelmingly strong floral flavor (esp. Jasmine), most della derra and adagio teas. . .

My Rating System

100 My happiness absolutely depends on it

95 Will definitely repurchase

85: Might repurchase (teas that depend on my mood)

75 Won’t repurchase (but I would drink it again if offered).

65: meh

45: I reluctantly finished a cup.

15: Couldn’t finish a cup.

I simplified my ratings to single numbers rather than ranges because I can’t precisely compare so many teas with a system more detailed than this.

An unrated tea is most often one that I recognize as having significant notable quality, but that does not suit me personally. Sometimes, I leave teas unrated for other reasons, such as I am undecided or I brewed it wrong, etc.

Note: Boiling temp. barely reaches 200 where I am (and a few times it sticks at 195, I assume due to unexplainable shifts in altitude or the position of the moon. . .aliens?. . .).

Colorado