I’d consider this average.
I can barely taste any spiciness and the chocolate is barely there. I used 3tsp (normal ones not any specialty “perfect” tsp) to 16 fl.oz from a sample I got from Ellyn. Thank you for this bonus! The dry stuff smells intoxicating that I only wished carried over to the steeped tea.
It kinda tastes watery. Eating a chocolate cookie that a coworker brought in though brought up the yummy factor. I would suspect it was the sugar in the cookie that brought out the other flavors in the tea.

AFter letting it sit awhile (while I was away working) I now can taste the hit of spiciness from the peppers…and it’s been a few hours since my last sip. If I ever purchase this in the future I’ll have to play aruond with the ratio of tea to water…because man this is weak!

I live in Boise, Idaho…home of the Boise State Broncos:) I’m a newbie to the tea scene and trying to get my hands on various kinds of tea to try them all. I enjoy reading, listening to music, and watching various television shows.
My current TV obsession is Parks and Recreation:-D I also love The Middle, Modern Family, Simpsons, The Neighbors, Vampire Diaries, and Game of Thrones.

My Steepster rating details ….

75-100 : Pretty awesome stuff, will pursue many a cup.

50-75 : Decent, will brew more in the future just not all the time

25-50 : Ehhh…Doesn’t really stand out, probably won’t pursue another cup unless I have to use up the supply.

1-25 : UGH! Won’t drink again. Enough said.

I seem to be a harsh critic when it comes to tea tasting it seems! A tea that has gotten rave reviews doesn’t seem to suit me. I just have to keep trying everything out there to find out what does! Thanks for all your insight Steepsters!

Idaho