drank Cinnamon Chai by Paromi

I was excited because I thought I had discovered a delicious tea that wasn’t in the Steepster database, but when I came here to add it I found that the lovely Ms. JacquelineM had beaten me by a few days! Harrumph!

I went to Wholefoods over the weekend to re-stock a few of my favorite teas, and my eye was quickly drawn to several rows of Paromi packaged in amber glass jars. I love finding new brands and I’m a big fan of chai, so I purchased the Paromi Cinnamon Chai.

I think the silky, tagless sachets smell like apples and my husband thinks they smell like cherry cough drops – the blend contains neither. It does have a nice mix of rooibos and spices dotted with bright red peppercorns.

I brewed my first cup according to the instructions – 1 sachet for a 12 ounce cup made with boiling water – and found it too weak for my taste but still very good. For my second cup I used 8 ounces of water and sweetened the deep red liquor with dark honey and a splash of soy milk – it was perfect. The flavors in this chai mingle well – no one spice dominates and the rooibos seems to be of a high-grade; this tea tastes expensive.

My overall impression of the Paromi brand is that it is an excellent quality product. I am definitely going to buy more of the Cinnamon Chai when this jar is done, and I’m going to pick up a few more flavors too – the Coconut Almond is calling my name.

JacquelineM

:) It’s good, isn’t it!!? I also thought Coconut Almond sounded pretty divine!

Glamorosi

Yes, the Coconut Almond and the Chocolate Orange too – I can’t wait to get them!

Comments

JacquelineM

:) It’s good, isn’t it!!? I also thought Coconut Almond sounded pretty divine!

Glamorosi

My name is Glamorosi; I’m a writer (food, fashion, art, entertainment), a jewelry designer, and I make natural, cruelty-free perfume.

When I’m not working I’m beachcombing, cooking and gardening. I grow heirloom tomatoes, fruit, and a huge variety of herbs and edible flowers, many of which I use for tisanes.

I enjoy all types of tea, especially Darjeeling (I’m partial to second flush but I like first flush too) and Oolong (Tieguanyin, Red Robe and Milk).

I also drink a lot of rooibos and honeybush, I have a bowl of matcha every day, and during winter months I brew spiced chai.

I’m married to my favorite writer and we live in Philadelphia with a magnificent black greyhound named Django (in tribute to guitarist Django Reinhardt).

Philadelphia PA