drank Gyokuro Imperial by Teavana

This gyokuro is on sale right now at Teavana for 75% off, so if you’re thinking of trying it, now is the time. Only $5 for 2 oz. I stocked up. This has always been one of my favorite gyokuros. I have branched out since I discovered this tea — in the past year or so I’ve tried a lot of different Japanese greens — but I still like this. If you brew it correctly it’s flavorful and gives you that really “green” green tea experience.

I like strong, robust flavors. My current favorites include strong black teas (Keemuns, Yunnan teas and Assams, for example), flavored blacks such as Harney’s Paris, oolongs of any kind, and gyokuros. I like Rooibos and honeybush teas as well, and other herbal blends to help me relax in the evening.

I am willing to try just about anything, but I am not particularly fond of jasmine tea, very fruity or heavily flavored blends, anything with pineapple; and I know this is practically heresy, but I don’t like Darjeelings.

In my kitchen, heating water