Just got this one today. Based off of my love for their Pi Lo Chun (Green snail spring) I was also drawn in considering it was labeled “new” in their catalog and the “select quality” — whatever that means — in it’s description.

Right off the bat, I boil the water and steep it, time/temp/amount as directed. Unfortunately the tea came out with a strong metallic taste (no doubt from my tap) but I was able to detect a peachy flavor (other reviewers mentioned this for the Upton’s Green Snail Spring). Despite the overpowering metal flavor I still enjoyed it. Its light, the flavor is obviously complex and I’ll go into greater detail after a few other attempts (using water from a Britta filter perhaps).

Most notably was the smell when I first opened it, hard to describe, but it felt like it filled my nose with freshness.

I gave it an above average score because I like it, but this first experience is not enough to gauge it’s full potential.