Another from my 15 gram satchel extravaganza. And whhhhaaatttt the crap. Foremost, this is my first Pu-erh tea. Everyone suggested this route should be taken by anyone serious in tea, so I was unprepared.

Firstly, the tea smelled similar to many of the oolongs I’ve tried, so my hopes were not high (I like oolongs, but I was expecting something weird/different). Though after steeping, I was taken by surprise. It was perfumey yet earthy. To me it smelled/tasted a little like leather scent, mixed with fish sauce, and something even more aromatic tickling the roof of my nose/mouth… Like incense. I asked my roommate to verify taste. He said it reminded him of his relatives farm.

All that being said, I loved it. Since it’s my first Pu-Erh, the rating might change as I try others. But at current: I like this tea a lot. It’s sweet, earthy, aromatic, and it’s viscosity is thicker than most teas. I will definitely re-steep the crap out of this tea, and will post my findings as the progress.

A new world has been revealed to me, and I am excites. I AM EXCITES.

Boiling 8 min or more