drank Dawn by The Simple Leaf

I’ve not had this tea in awhile, since it’s not for sale anymore, and I am not very good about coming to terms with that fact. Still. After all this time.

My husband requested something “different” for our afternoon tea and since I had been thinking about this one a lot lately I thought it was time to have some. I have perhaps an ounce left? Whimper.

It’s just as wonderful as I remember it. I still can’t get over how much chocolate and caramel flavor is in this single estate, pure tea. As we drank our cups, I and my husband kept repeating, “I can’t believe how good this is.” like a broken record.

It’s really a tragedy that the Simple Leaf is no longer in business. Has anyone heard anything?

ashmanra

This was on my list to order, and I missed out! If ANYONE hears what the source was and how to get it, I would love to know!

Stephanie

Me too! I loved this tea!

JacquelineM

My understanding is that it was from Arunachal Pradesh (location) and the Abali tea estate but my searches for another importer were not successful! I remember wanting to get into the tea business when I heard that the Simple Leaf was no longer in order to keep this tea coming to America. I am only half kidding!!

Comments

ashmanra

Stephanie

Me too! I loved this tea!

JacquelineM

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong