On a chilly, rainy day at home, there is absolutely no replacement for an Indian tea with milk and sugar. I am enjoying this tea so much this afternoon. Malty and raisiny and exactly what I was in the mood for. I believe I’ve said this before, but I imagine the teas in 19th century English novels to taste exactly like this.

gmathis

Suddenly I have a craving for Assam and C.S. Lewis :) I’m working through “Surprised by Joy,” his autobiography, and enjoying it immensely. (Though I really just need to have the Netbook open so I can Google his literary references—way too upscale for me :)

Bonnie

I love C.S.Lewis even had a wardrobe when my children were young and if anyone started me on drinking tea, it was Mrs. Beaver in the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. Today I am sick and on the BRATY diet (bread, rice, applesauce, tea, yoghurt) and had Aasam tea sooo good!

LadyLondonderry

I had a similarly enjoyable chilly, rainy day at home, even though I opted for China Black FOP! :-) Really, though, a cup of Thomas sounds just the ticket to fortify one for a day like this. I went outside briefly and it was so cold and windy … not to mention wet.

Comments

gmathis

Bonnie

LadyLondonderry

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong