drank Black Dragon Pearls by Teavana

This is one of those teas that I knew I’d like before I tried it. It was rumored to be very smooth and have chocolatey undertones – just what I love in a tea. It is also in little round pearls. Love pearls, poofs, and any other traditional, hand made tea shapes!

I was not in the least disappointed. I used 4 pearls for my 10oz brew mug and it’s perfect. Unsweetened chocolate and so, so, so smooth. Elixir of the Tea Gods smooth. This is actually my second time having it, and the last time I got 4 steeps out of these babies! Yes, the tea is exorbitant ($15 for 2oz) but since I can have so many steeps with them, it makes for a totally reasonable indulgence. I’d buy these again in less than a heartbeat!

ashmanra

How do they compare to Teavivre’s Fengqing Dragon Pearls? Are they as chocolate-y as Emperor’s Red? I think ER is back in stock at Premium Steap.

JacquelineM

I haven’t tried the Teavivre ones yet. I have had them in my mind, wondering how they compare though!

I think it has a chocolatey taste like ER but it is not “tangy” at all. It’s malty and honeyed and more like a chocolatey but stronger Golden Monkey I think? Not exactly but sorta :)

Comments

ashmanra

JacquelineM

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong