drank Florence by Harney & Sons

After teaplz’s tasting note on this today, I knew I had to go home and have a cup :) The taste is a wonderful hint of hazelnut, a touch of chocolate and TEA. What a masterful blend this is. Perfect on this windy cold night (and, errr, really good with umm, brownies).

Cofftea

This’d make a good ice cream!

JacquelineM

I agree! I should try it – I have an ice cream maker!! I also think that Earl Grey would make an ice cream that I’d like… and one of the spicy chai or christmas type blends -and – !!! You can really get imaginative!

teaplz

Whee! This one is fairly masterful, I must say. I don’t know if it’s particularly my absolute FAVORITE cup of flavored tea, but if you’re into chocolate and hazelnut, this does a lot of things right.

AJ

What is this I hear of earl grey flavoured ice cream!?

We used to have an ice cream maker around here somewhere…

AJ – here is a starting point:

and have you seen David Lebovitz’s book The Perfect Scoop? There is a green tea ice cream in there that I would look at and see if I wanted to combine the two recipes somehow. And I’d use loose tea (earl grey recipe uses bags).

AJ

Hahah, I was actually just on that blog no more than a few minutes ago. It was the first (or second?) result I received upon googling “earl grey ice cream”. I will have to see if we still have that maker somewhere.

And no, I have not seen that book; I will have to check it out.

JacquelineM

AJ – it’s an amazing book! The author has a blog, too, and posts recipes for everything from food to sweets, and he’s funny too :)

Latest post – salted butter carmels…mmmmm!

AJ

Oh wow. Now I have an impossible craving for candy.

Harney & Sons The Store

@jacquelineM: We sell an Earl Grey Supreme Ice Cream here at the shop. With the cold weather it’s been, we could probably send you some! Give us a ring @ 518-789-2121 (ask for Emeric)

JacquelineM

Harney & Sons The Store – you’re too kind!!! I could never let you send ice cream in the mail!! But I will take a raincheck – we’re driving to Vermont in April to pick up a hand made guitar for my husband,
and plan to take the looooong way and drive through upstate NY, the Cape. etc and make it a mini holiday/photography expedition. We plan to come to the tea room in Millerton as one of our stops!

Comments

Cofftea

This’d make a good ice cream!

teaplz

AJ

What is this I hear of earl grey flavoured ice cream!?

We used to have an ice cream maker around here somewhere…

AJ – here is a starting point:

AJ

And no, I have not seen that book; I will have to check it out.

JacquelineM

Latest post – salted butter carmels…mmmmm!

AJ

Oh wow. Now I have an impossible craving for candy.

Harney & Sons The Store

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong