drank Organic Rooibos by Wegmans

Last night I lost all track of time! I sat down for my nightly tea at 10:30pm! I didn’t want to be up all night so I chose this. Luckily I genuinely like rooibos – maybe because I also love coffee and my husband’s cigars (I think it has a faint tobacco like quality) and because of the story I’m about to tell…

I’m reminded of another night that I wanted my nightly tea very late at night – we were in California in June, staying at Deetjens in Big Sur. We came back to our cabin tired from a day of adventure, but in the mood for something sweet and our nightly tea, but it was also past 10pm, and the restaurant part of the inn was winding down for the evening.

Here is a picture to help you imagine:

(third picture down, the bar room, first table – that is exactly where we were sitting!)

The hostess remembered us from another night we were there for dinner – my husband’s stomach was upset and they fixed him soup and we didn’t have dessert because of it – so she told us she was glad we were now ready for dessert and brought us pot de creme and a nice sized teapot of rooibos. How could you not like rooibos after that? :) Every time I have it the taste brings me back to that night. I keep on saying that I am going to seek out flavored rooibos and try a variety of additions, but I never do. I now realize this is why :)

Ricky

Yay for tea that brings back memories. Those teas are the best =]

takgoti

That is awesome. I heart Big Sur.

gmathis

What a neat memory!

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Lovely looking Inn. It figures that it’s not on my coast. Thanks for sharing your rooibos memory.

JacquelineM

chrine – it’s across the country from me too :) My husband won free airfare in the continental US at his office holiday party last year, so we decided to go to Northern California. We spent 3 days in SF then over a week in Big Sur, and we drove to other points like Monterey and Carmel some of the days. We even drove to Napa one day from Big Sur (and got lost and almost wound up at the border of Nevada but that is another story for another day!).

Comments

Ricky

Yay for tea that brings back memories. Those teas are the best =]

takgoti

That is awesome. I heart Big Sur.

gmathis

What a neat memory!

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

JacquelineM

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong