drank Earl Grey Melange by Custom

My first blend is a success! The sum is truly greater than the parts on this one :) A nice synergy is going on between all the random Earls and the Assam. I’m so glad I did this! The soapy citrus from Adagio’s Earl Grey got really tamed with the additions (some of which were smoky Russian Earls), and it results in a pleasant bergamot infused tea. I can’t wait to try it iced in the summer with fresh orange slices!

~lauren.

Can you help me clarify this a bit? Congrats — it sounds like you made up the very successful blend “Earl Grey Melange”. You gave it a score of 82. When I clicked on it, the rating came up as 75 with 1 rating. Shouldn’t it have said 82 since I am assuming you made this blend up and there was only one tasting note on it (yours)? Or shouldn’t it have said two ratings – yours & anonymous_person and the combined score would have been 75? Or have I totally messed up on what this ratings thing is about today? Wouldn’t surprise me, not having a good tea day.

JacquelineM

Here is a post that explains the rating system:

in a nutshell – it’s a Bayesian Average and it takes into consideration things like average rating across all teas on Steepster, average number of times each tea has been rated, number of ratings for the tea you’re looking at, and
average rating for that specific tea. I hope I summarized that correctly because statistics are not my strong point to say the least!

~lauren.

Got it – this really helps clarify – Thanks!

Cofftea

This rating system is so dumb in my opinion.

Comments

~lauren.

JacquelineM

Here is a post that explains the rating system:

~lauren.

Got it – this really helps clarify – Thanks!

Cofftea

This rating system is so dumb in my opinion.

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong