I have a test today so I had to wake up the TIGER!!!

I brewed my first steep nice and strong for 5 minutes, and gave Mr. Kitty Cat some milk and sugar. Puuuuuuurrrrrr! Full bodied…tangy!! what is that smokychewy tangy yummy taste? and pepper! Gosh I love this tea! I intellectually know it’s strong (it kept my husband up all night the evening we had it) but it tastes so smooth! I’ve had teas that make your eyes pop (in a good way…like River Shannon) but this is just like buttah – I would equate it to something like limoncello – it’s pure vodka but the lemon infusion and keeping it in the freezer makes it so smooth going down that the next thing you know you drank 4 glasses and you’re babbling nonsense on Thanksgiving with a house full of your family and you still need to serve dessert and (whoops!)!!

Ahem! Anyway!

Second steep: 6 min. Another reason I love this tea is that it is a black tea that stands up to another steep quite beautifully, and the second steep is different but just as good as the first! The only other tea I’ve had that does that is Jackee Muntz (go A+D!). This one is even smoother, less pepper, but so sweet and rich.

Love, love, love this tea!!!

Dan

I had Limoncello the last time I was in Italy, I actually understand what you are saying. lol

~lauren.

Same! We also came home with a bottle and the same thing happened in the USA, too! : )

Ricky

Yay for tiger tea!

~lauren.

And yay for Limoncello! Oh shoot, now I want some … ice cold … freezer cold… yum.

JacquelineM

Lauren – it’s very easy to make! I use vodka but some use grain alcohol – I get a good brand so it’s even smoother!! and peel 6 lemons so that you get all skin and minimal white pith. Put the peels in half the vodka, steep 40 days in a cool dark place, then make a simple syrup of 1 c sugar 1 c water, add it to your lemon peel vodka along with the rest of the half bottle of vodka (so now you used the entire bottle of vodka) let it steep another 40 days, then strain. Let it sit a week before drinking – I stick it in the freezer :)

You will then have 6 lemons with no skin – I make lemon curd from them!

Comments

Dan

Ricky

Yay for tiger tea!

JacquelineM

You will then have 6 lemons with no skin – I make lemon curd from them!

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong