Surprisingly very nice!!!!! I snagged a bag of this and Mint Medley (which Sick Husband is drinking and enjoying very much) when I had to go to a work function. The orange and cinnamon are delightful, and the chicory gives it some body. We each got a nice dollop of tupelo honey too :) I am going to pick up a box of this and the mint for late nights and colds. I left the bag in and there is no bitterness or overwhelming flavors.

How do you all rate on the supermarket herbal blends? Are you a Bigelow person or a Celestial Seasonings person or do you have favorites of each? I can’t abide by the supermarket black teas, but I’m finding the herbals a nice cost effective simple option!

Boiling 8 min or more
Bethany

We have several Bigelow herbals at my office (including Mint Medley and Chamomile, I believe) and I hated them, which kind of surprised me. I mean, herbals are all coming from the same place, as opposed to blacks or greens or oolongs. My biggest peeve with Bigelow’s Mint Medley is that it includes rosehips and hibiscus, so it’s not as minty as I would like and it brews up to a strange reddish-green color.

I really love Celestial Seasonings’ herbals, though. Their holiday herbals are very nice, and I love their Tension Tamer and Sweet Apple Chamomile.

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

I’m finding supermarket herbal blends a good option for that last late night cup of tea or two. I don’t expect them to be as good as loose tisanes though.

I usually rate them around 50 for “decent”. 50-60 for “I like drinking this one”, slightly 60+ if it surprises me with goodness, 40-50 for “I’ll drinking it but I’m not digging it”, 35 and below if I have to push myself to finish the box.

Comments

Bethany

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong