drank Bangkok Blend by Harney & Sons

Tea from Tea Bird!!

This one is in the pyramid bag. As fussy as I am, I really enjoy just popping in one of these things at work :) I really like the lemongrass flavor, followed by a hint of coconuty gingery yum on the tail end. The green tea is there as more of a support rather than a super green tea flavor.

I’m going to have to make this again in order to give it a numerical rating because when I went to make this tea, I found much of my water leaking out of the bottom of my hot pot! I mean, a river! I had to drink this poor tea in a state of anger and frustration! When I googled this problem, it seems that many people experience this issue after a few months with the Rival Hot Pot. Leaking water and electricity are clearly not an option so it looks like I’m in the market for a work friendly electric tea kettle. I’m going to start the research, but if you have one you love, let me know!!!!

Why do they make things so poorly these days!?!? I just had to re-sew the pocket on my coat today and now this.

mpierce87

I know! I just bought I nice purse last November and the thread of the strap broke so now I have to resew it!

sophistre

I have a Russel Hobbs electric kettle that I really like. I don’t use it now that I have a Zojirushi unless I’m making coffee for company in a french press or something, but I like it. No plastic involved where the hot water is, and it heats up water really quickly. The downside is that the carafe isn’t insulated so it doesn’t keep your water hot for hours, but for pots of tea it should work pretty well!

awww :( that is awful

teabird

So sad! I have an Aroma electric kettle that was pretty cheap, and has worked very well for the last two years. No plastic bits getting heated, no cord while you’re trying to pour, no minimum water quantity. There is an auto-shutoff, and like sohpistre’s it doesn’t keep your water warm well, but it does reheat it quite fast. http://www.amazon.com/Aroma-AWK-115S-X-Press-2-Liter-Cordless/dp/B000KDVTJI

JacquelineM

I couldn’t bear the thought of not having tea tomorrow at work so I ran down the street to Williams Sonoma and got a Breville Variable Temperature Electric Kettle. I feel like I just bought a Rolls Royce! But it got good reviews and the price I paid was $20 more than the cheapest price I saw online for it – which makes me think that in the week it would haven taken for it to get to me I would have spent $20 in takeout tea at Starbucks that I wouldn’t have enjoyed nearly as much as my handpicked selection! So! Sorry for my jumbled thoughts but I’m very excited :)

I am reading the manual now – I won’t have time to fuss with it until tomorrow because I have class this afternoon, but tomorrow morning I will give it a test drive!

AmazonV

I LOVE MINE enjoy yours :)

JacquelineM

Thank you!!! I’m all a flutter!!! Am I right in my reading that you can press the buttons to get the various temps, but you can’t program a temp (like say I want 180 but there is only a 175 button and 185 button. I would have to use 185 and then use my thermometer if I wanted 180, right?

SoccerMom

ditto AmazonV

AmazonV

i usually go higher and let it cool to the temp i want, so yes go 185 and when it stops give it a few second then start thermometering it-or just try higher or lower, i am bad and just go close enough dump into teapot unless it’s my first time with the tea (some teas tolerate my abuse better than others)

Comments

mpierce87

sophistre

awww :( that is awful

teabird

AmazonV

I LOVE MINE enjoy yours :)

SoccerMom

ditto AmazonV

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong