This is one of the teas I have built up in my head, and was so afraid to try! Today, I took the plunge! My fears were totally unfounded because I love it! It’s perfect sans additions, and it has that chocolatey, sweet, chewy, smoky thang going on that I am now wild about! I am enjoying it as a morning tea, but I think it would suit me even better in the afternoon! When I try to think of descriptors for this tea, the words sophisticated and intense come to mind. I picture someone like Simone de Beauvoir taking this tea every day as her favorite, as she reads and writes, and she serves it as sort of a litmus test when she has visitors :) If it is too much for them, maybe she is too much for them ;)

I was conservative and steeped it for 3 minutes, but I am totally going to take it to 4 next time.

Makes a good resteep too!!!!

Many, many, many thanks to ashmanra for introducing me to another tea that I’m in love with! Oh Mr. Harney (and Sons) you are going to be getting SUCH an order soon! I actually have the catalogue beside my bed with a ton of post its in it. Oy!

ashmanra

I am so glad you love my lady! I am drinking Queen Catherine right now, with milk and sugar, and steeped it for 4 1/2 minutes – I am too, too bold. I do drink it sans additions in the afternoon, though. This is my bracing tea for days when I get up with a headache or sore back. She is the one who can soothe away those morning frumples on a bad day. I ordered a pound last time, nad it was a good thing because I served it to a friend who called me the following day foaming at the mouth demanding more! I filled an empty tin and sped it over to her…

ashmanra

Oh, and if teas were people, Catherine would be in a relationship with Emperor’s Red!

JacquelineM

I can see that!!! She’d be the more difficult of the two I do believe ;) I do love her though!!

Comments

ashmanra

JacquelineM

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong