drank Vanilla Comoro by Harney & Sons

A decaf tea! So far, I have never met a decaf tea that I liked. I tried this one, courtesy of ashmanra, with such hope since it’s a Harney, and since it’s vanilla! You know how I love vanilla! :) It smells so good – a very sweet and creamy vanilla.

As long as I kept in my head “It’s night time! This is decaf! Compare to drinking an herbal!” I LOVED it! As soon as thoughts crept into my mind like “Think of your Vanilla Assam! Think of Madagascar Vanilla tea!” I thought it was a little weak tasting and less tea flavor than I usually enjoy. But guess what – I had a delicious, creamy, satisfying, hot black tea at 9pm and I slept like a baby!

So my caveat is – as long as you think of this flavor aside a rooibos or such, it’s a revelation! I definitely want to add some to my cupboard for those late nights when I’m craving a black tea, or want something nice with a late dessert. Just don’t let those dark thoughts of fully caffeinated teas enter your head, and you will be fine :)

ashmanra

I can’t have caffeine at night, either! There are only three decaf teas I can tolerate – this one, Decaf Ceylon Orange Pekoe by Southern Season, and Decaffeinated by Harney and Sons. I bought the H&S Decaf Assam in hopes of having a decaf tea for my youngest daughter for evenings, but it was….horrible! So weak I would rather just not have tea at all.

Comments

ashmanra

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong